eert a ekil yzarc

Bikes: many bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BErad
Took them off immediately.
I'm curious to know....are bike shops required by law to have those on every bike they sell?
Good question. Here in Texas your suppose to have reflectors. There is no state law stating the LBS has to put them on, but sure the LBS puts them on to cover their six. Sure they would be liable if something bad were to happen to "little Timmy" on his bike, and its proven that the LBS didn't put reflectors on. Hopefully if something like that happens, it is Xmart not an LBS being sued. Texas also has a law that you must have lights to ride at night. Guess as long as the LBS tells you that, they are covered. Catch 22 thing or something.

As for me, I take the reflectors of. I do some night rides (trail and street). I replace the reflectors with 3M reflective tape on parts of the frame. I bike commute as well. I first saw the idea while chatting with a fellow commuter at a red light. It made since to me, escpecially since its not likely to crack,break off and leave something that could snag a branch or body part.