Old 10-08-12, 07:16 PM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,439 Times in 989 Posts
I switched from landline/DSL/antenna TV to Verizon'sFIOS ssytem (basically a bundled package), and so far my reaction is "meh", aka 'nothing spectacular'. Cost of Fios is slightly more than the other services seperately. The internet is slightly faster, its main advantage is ability to watch longer videos with no buffering. Phone comes with answering service, but you have to go through a password/code sequence to access it that reminds me of a customer service phone tree (ugh!), so I just hooked the ol' answering box up to it. Vidoe on demand is available, but the videos they have are nothing I'd watch (mostly b-grade stuff) - would be nice if they had some oldies to choose from. Cable channels are nothing spectacular, I'd ahve to pay extras for Showtime and HBO (no thanks).

Installation was quick, but the installer did a lousy job of stringing the coax cable and I bet it craps out within a year. I did make a suggestion of where he could put it to make it safe from weather & other exposures, he just told me where to put it.

I have a spearate cell phone, a pay-as-you-go GO phone from ATT. about $11/month averaged over two years. Don't need a smart phone.