View Single Post
Old 10-09-12, 10:56 AM
twocicle
Clipless in Coeur d'Alene

Bikes: Tandems: Calfee Dragonfly S&S, Ventana ECDM mtb; Singles: Specialized Tarmac SL4 S-Works, Specialized Stumpjumper Pro, etal.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by DubT
There was 0 tension on the belt, it was very loose so there is not an issue with the chain rings being off center. I installed all of the fixing bolts before I tightened the belt. After setting the tension using the iPhone app I checked the tension in several spots and it is within 2 hz every where that I checked. I will use this method in the future as it worked so well!

We now have right at 50 miles on the setup and I thnk I like the location of the cranks, it actually feels very good. We are due a follow up with our fitter so I will make an appointment to get everything checked out in the near future.
Great! We just try to contribute to progress and it's not intended as critisism

I suspect your new saddle->BB relationship has your seated position further back. This position will increase the utilization of glute muscles and hamstrings. Finding a good balance between that and using too much quad muscle is a key point.

Especially when in the drops, it can have the downside of pinching the gap between your diaphragm and legs which reduces peak load efficiency due to lowered lung volume, plus it can increase your hamstring and IT tension to the point where cronic soreness develops. It can also result in a sore lower back as it makes the hips want to sag back instead of keeping a rolled forward tilt. You won't notice these possible downsides much until you are in the drops for longer and harder durations.

Last edited by twocicle; 10-09-12 at 11:06 AM.