View Single Post
Old 10-12-12, 01:28 PM
welshTerrier2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi all.

I did my Carlisle loop last Friday... what a beautiful day that was. Looks like it may take the entire winter to restock the larder with those.

Strange incident on my way back between Carlisle and Concord. I was riding South on Monument Street when I saw a guy starting to back out of a driveway (on my left). I was coming down a hill at between 25 and 30 mph. The guy made absolute eye contact with me... stopped... and then went. I'm not sure I could have stopped behind him. Because he was still backing into my lane (to go the same direction I was going), I thought it was way to dangerous too pass him on the right. What would you have done? There were no cars coming from the opposite direction so I went over the center-line into the oncoming lane and passed this guy while he continued in reverse. I said nothing to him and he said nothing to me.

Yesterday, on that really winnnnnnndy day, I went off to find the Milford Bike Path. A friend told me it was paved. RideWithGPS shows one end of the path in Holliston at Route 16. I found an unpaved trail that I think is a "planned" path but it is still badly overgrown. As best I can tell, it looks like only the Milford section is paved.
Attached Images