View Single Post
Old 10-18-12, 09:15 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker

This juvenile "libertarian" argument really doesn't work.

It isn't just "your problem" unless you pay for your own health costs. That is, if you have medical insurance, the costs of your poor choices are born by other people too. That is, if it's "your right" to do unhealthy things, then it's certainly other people's right not to have to pay for them.

This make no sense. Why do you give the right of smokers preference over those of nonsmokers?
You're obviously very juvenile because you don't understand the facts of the adult world.

I pay for my health insurance and so do you. You pay for yours in the fact it's calculated into the total payout for your salary, for example they budget your total benefit/salary at say $75,000 a year out of that they deduct for your medical insurance cost and other benefits, then pay you $60,000 in pay. Some companies will allow you to forgo insurance and they will pay you the difference in your salary.

Your a liberal I can tell from your response. What right do you have to tell another person not to smoke? Bars were set up to allow smoking from the beginning of time, it's a known fact that if you walk into a bar you walk into a smoke filled place. So what right do you have to tell a bar they can't allow smokers because you want to go in? If you don't like smoke then your rights are as follows...go to a different place or endure the smoke, your choice, I choose not to go in, no sweat off of me. SAN RAFAEL, California, a San Francisco suburb banned smoking in duplexes, condominiums and other multi-family homes, with city leaders saying they hoped to lead a wave of such regulations across California and ultimately the country. Who has the right to say you can't smoke in your own home that your paying to live in? A motel I can understand since it involves many people coming and going every night, but even motels have smoking rooms. Your response is one of immaturity thinking that you can express your will over another person because you don't like what their habits are, and the desire to live with your rights are slowly being eroded away. What right to have to give nonsmokers the rights over smokers? You can easily avoid them if you don't like it. Now we can't even get a large soda. What's next?

Look man, I'm a non smoker, I never smoked in my entire life, neither did my parents or my wife and her parents, I can't stand the smell the cig smoke! So you would think I would be like you and want it banned completely, problem is it's not my right to tell some one they can't smoke. Sure I can preach at them the ills of smoking which they already know, but I don't have the right to take the cig out of their mouth and throw on the ground, or call the anti smoking cops out to write them a ticket, or scream to them about MY self imposed rights against them smoking, or ban them from places like bars that are for over 21 year olds who have the ability to make up their own minds whether or not to go into an establishment where adults are who are smoking, or restrict them from smoking in their own homes.

What if I don't like cyclists on the road because they create a hazard, should I take away your rights to ride on the road?