Old 10-19-12, 05:20 PM
MassiveD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I can see how that would be a drag. While I don't talk about my family, I guess it is possible that I would let out the fact I had one, and then move on to other stuff, having put up the wall. I never discuss any of the topics you mention with casual contacts. I guess it is still a big ask to want a non-sexual context to live in were one blathers on endlessly about sexual identity and the possible outlets for it. I guess you could shut people down by saying you are gay, but the other alternative is to let it be known you don't want to talk about sex when it come up, because apparently you don't. Think of yourself as Mormon, or something. People with strong religious beliefs, or "conservative" dispositions, manage not to talk about where to pick up folks, and normally it is with some subtle cue like a frown. I've never taken drugs, and somehow I manage not to have a lot of discussions with people about drugs either. I'm sure other folks hook up and talk endlessly about where they can score and how hammered they were, etc....