billydonn
Council of the Elders

Bikes: 1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
October in Dairyland: Spectacular!

For some time now Michael from Chicago (aka Barretscv) and I have been trying to work out the logistics for a get together in southwest Wisconsin...the Dodgeville area, home of Land's End. We have a lot in common, having built very similar Pedal Force cross bikes, both in the 205+ weight category, interest in mechanical stuff and gearing, and indoor training etc.

Well, it finally came to pass this weekend and it was really a blast. Fantastic scenery, hills to climb and company and conversation as expected, which was good. Also really good food and nice places to eat abound there. This would be a great place for a regional 50+ gathering sometime. We only totaled just shy of 50 miles, but with 3000 feet of climbing, much of it pretty steep, that was a good ride for me. It left enough time to have a late lunch and drive six hours home to arrive at a reasonable hour.

Michael will add to this report soon, so I will leave some details for him to mop up, including our successful assault on Roberts Road. Here's a sample:

I forgot to mention... low traffic roads with generally smooth surfaces!
Strava Data Link

Last edited by billydonn; 04-24-13 at 08:29 PM.