Old 10-23-12, 08:22 PM
IthaDan 

Bikes: Click on the #YOLO

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by gna
Looks very nice. Kenda K40s, Cheng Shin are available in EA3 590 size and are inexpensive. Michelin World Tour Costs a bit more. Someone on here recommended Rubena V66, but I don't know anything about them.
Here's a related thread: http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ns-at-26x1-3-8
Don't really want to make a thread, so you're going to get it C&V 3 speed megathread.

Worked at the coop today. I knew I brought that old free spirit inside on sunday- it had a pair of Kenda tires in very good condition! I already have them mounted, and I've already taken this out- the dyno hub works, but the light is... well, it leaves a lot to be desired.

here's the bike as it stands-

Love the potential of this thing-

Even the cotters have the right nuts-

Yup, 74

Mega hipster cred. (guess CL buyers were offering to just buy the saddle from the seller, he wouldn't budge. That being said, I don't really like it.)

Lots of cool, complete little details on this one-

Early barrel? Either way, cool.

Couple questions- Is there a turnkey kit to run modern LED lighting with the old SA dyno? I'd love to have a standlight option. Google is helpful, but I could really use a solid answer. Also, the tail light is broken apart: option there as well?

Rear wheel: there's a sizeable dent (like someone tagged a curb at significant speed) in the rear rim, and I'm noticing that the spokes don't um, CROSS, at the cross. Is there a source for a new rim, and while I'm in there, is there someone that does some kind of restomod like putting shimano alfine internals into a SA shell? It'd be nice to keep vintage appearances, but gain some modern functionality. This is similar in spirit to the light upgrade.

I got this bike for $100. I mostly picked it up for my own academic curiosity- never dealt with a IGH and never dealt with a Dyno, so it seemed like a twofer.

Shimano : Click :: Campy : Snap :: SRAM : Bang