View Single Post
Old 10-26-12, 02:23 PM
Keith99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Looigi
One of the unintended consequences of infrastructure advocacy, restriction of bicycles to that infrastructure, whether explicit as in this case or implicit in the minds of the motorists.
And realy a reasonable position from a motorists point of view. You have yuor own path, let me have mine!

I know I tend to feel that way if I happen to ride the bike path in the Sepulveda Flood Control basin and joggers get in my way.

Being on a bike that is not all the time. Bikes are slow enough and bike path traffic low enough that one cen look around and notice when hte running trail is muddy. So then I understand. BUT when it is dry and in good shape it is even more upsetting. Then they have a surface that is actually batter for running, yet some insiste on running the bike path.

In what is perhaps a bit of irony that is also a place where a lot of cyclists take the road. In some part becaseu the bike path is non optimal, but even more becaseu it only lasts a couple of miles and is a real pain to get on ond off of. BUT any (non-cycling) driver who passes a cyclist in that strech is not very apt to think of this.