View Single Post
Old 10-27-12, 07:34 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
Hello I am not currently employed as a Mechanic or shop employee but if I could do more than live paycheck to paycheck working in the business I would love to do it again.

How old are you and where are you located? My home is Camp Hill Pa but i travel frequently to So Jersey and as Professional driver I roam the country in general

How long have you been a mechanic? I guess I have been working on bikies since I was 16 or so, since we had to fix our own flats rather than go to the shop. I simply got tired of waiting for my brother so I did it myself.

Employed or a self-proclaimed grease monkey? Not currently employed as a mechanic

What level of mechanic would you place yourself at (i.e beginner, intermediate, advanced). I have not worked on any 'modern' bikes, that is bike newer than my '99 Bianchi w/ 9spd Campi but I consider myself an advanced mechanic since I know how to prep a frame, heat and bend a bent dropout, and with a bit of practice could likely start building wheels again.

Are you a mountain biker, cyclist, or something in between? Road more than mountain, infact my mountain bike has 700c wheels and No it is not a 'cross bike (though I do own one) nor a '29er.

What are your current rides? see my signature

Favorite part about being a mechanic? Helping someone solve a problema dn creating a work of art.

Least Favorite part about being a mechanic? Getting dirty and not having the right tool for the job

From '89 until '95 I worked at several shops in the greater Boston area and did everything from backroom builder, sales, stock, special order, custom builds, race team support (including driver) warehouse manager, service writer and sort of shop forewoman. I also did neutral support for a Pan Mass challenge ride a few times and once was drafted to ride in a support vehicle at Killington. I was almost invited to go to Greece witht he USCF juniors but lacked a USCF mechanic liscense. I still do most of own work except the frame prep I do not have the tools for.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk