Thread: Hey, I'm new!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-12, 11:15 AM
LaserBear

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Glad to see all the welcoming. I've only been on a few over night rides, one two-nighter. But a friend of mine is planning on leaving this spring on his Trek 750, he has no idea when he will be coming back. He may go over seas. I most definitely would like to go, although work and family takes priority here.
I've always been into adventuring, spending a week at a time back packing in remote areas in my region and seeing everything my state has to offer. My Nissan Pathfinder is all decked out for adventure and off road, which initially was my interest until I found touring. I never realized that adventuring on bicycle could be so rewarding. I started reading into touring bikes and gear and started a savings account for a Raleigh Sojourn. I luckily ran into this beautiful forest green 520 that was dormant in a neighbors garage. I build a rock garden for him and helped pour some concrete and picked the bike up for free.

An update on the hit and run:
Just waiting on the police report to be available now. But it looks like her insurance company is going to have to replace the bicycle. Which is good news. Personally, I had no desire to go to court.

PS: I'm also very interested in bike packing.