View Single Post
Old 10-29-12, 02:22 PM
turbo1889
Transportation Cyclist

Bikes: Too many to list, some I built myself including the frame. I "do" ~ Human-Only-Pedal-Powered-Cycles, Human-Electric-Hybrid-Cycles, Human-IC-Hybrid-Cycles, and one Human-IC-Electric-3way-Hybrid-Cycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Has anyone even considered something called "The Bottom Line" and "Profit Margin". Which is less peices to include in the kit and thus costs them less to make the kit; a crashed car or truck or a crashed bicycle? The little bike is like just a few small pieces of plastic. To make a car that crashed would be a lot more pieces in the kit and they would either have to charge more for the kit (and thus sell fewer of them) and/or take a hit on the profit margin. A guy on a bike is probably the least expensive thing for them to include as something that had a somewhat believable crash that need to be taken to the hospital by the ambulance.

Although I do agree an ambulance chasing lawyer would have been a nice bonus addition but they they would have all the lawyers up in arms about including one of them in an ambulance kit as an ambulance chaser.