View Single Post
Old 10-29-12, 02:33 PM
Commodus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by myrridin
We recently had a death of a cyclist caused by a 20 lb bicycle passing (or riding) too closely to another 20 lb bicycle... So care to explain how the result can be any worse then that when passed to closely by a car? I suggest that you get over your prejudices. The situation the OP described is just as unacceptable as being passed closely by a car, and like a car the responsibility is solely that of the operator of the vehicle doing the passing...
I assume you don't honestly believe that a bike has similar capability to create mayhem as a car, and surely you don't believe that a cyclist has the same responsibilites as that of a car driver in this area. Also, solely the responsibility of the vehicle doing the passing? I suggest you don't try that defense should you find yourself in court explaining why you suddenly veered your car left as a car overtook you.

You must just be trying to start an argument here, predicated on that frankly hilarious idea that you find the 'ability to ride in a straight line' a completely unacceptable requirement.

Possibly you just have too much time on your hands...like me, waiting for this machine to finish its cycle.