View Single Post
Old 08-19-05, 02:44 AM
hypersnazz
"Uh-uh. Respek Knuckles."

Bikes: '06 LeMond Versailles, '04 S&M Beringer, '03 Quamen Bowls, '68 Raleigh Grand Prix (converted to fixed gear)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jerry Garcia
Im confused as to why you tried to belittle the skibike in the beginning of all this? Why cant I enjoy riding a skibike? My challenge was so that you would see that skibikes like the crighton have a lot of potential to ride just as good as a snowboard in backcountry tree riding, off 20 foot kickers and in the halfpipe. Im sorry your ego was hurt when you felt I was attacking your riding ability. My challenge was to get you to see the light, that the skibike has been around longer than the snowboard. It seems you are acting the same way about skibikes as the skiers/resort owners were acting about snowboards 20 years ago.
You're making my sides hurt.

- Trees are nothing
- 20 feet is nothing
- riding the walls and boosting like Ross Powers are two different things
- whether a velocipede or a surfboard had been tried on snow first is still up for debate because no one cares
- no skier or snowboarder I know is going to wait for some poor fool to carry a ski bike up Castle Peak
- ski bikes never had to deal with resorts that banned them over baggy pants, snowboarders took care of that already, so no one sympathizes with the whining about prejudice

Bikes are great at what they do, but they're not so great at being anything other than bikes. Maybe FireTeamCharlie has some pointers for you, though...I bet if you used the same secret techniques he uses to beat road bikes on his BMX you too could keep up with snowboarders on your ski bike.