onespeedbiker
Retro Grouch

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Johnonaschwinn
Hi Everyone, I am trying to figure out what length of spoke I need for a 126 spaced hi flange record hub laced to a mavic reflex 700 c front is 100 spacing mavic reflex 700 c both are 36 hole. I can not understand the formula or sites explaining it. Thanks , John Los Angeles CA (home of PLVMB)
Well according to the http://lenni.info/edd/ site that I use and have added to, there are two possible scenarios because the Mavic Reflex rims come in two different ERD sizes, 316 and 313. For the rear with 613 ERD and 3 cross lashing 292.3 left and 290.8 right. For the front I get 292mm. With the 616 Erd I get rear I get 293.7 and 292, for the front I get 293.5. I give you these not to use, but to verify you are using the charts correctly. First, the ERD is simply the interior diameter of the rim plus about 3mm; the point being measuring through the spoke hole to where the head of the nipple will be.

If you go the the spoke chart, first click on Campagnolo under the Rim box. That will activate a drop down list and you need to find your hub; hint: they are named Campagnolo all 126mm hi-flange, rear and Campagnolo all hi-flange models, front. Depending only which one you are going to use just click on it and it will open a blue box; you need not do anything with the dimensions unless you want to double check the measurements; simply leave the box open. Next, go to the box under the Hub box and click on Mavic. Again that will activate a drop down list. scroll down and look for Mavic Reflex. Your will see numerous matches each saying Mavic Reflex---MEASURE TO BE SURE!!. Once you measure your rim and determine the ERD, simply chose Mavic Reflex that has the same ERD and again leave the box open. Next go to the top and choose number of spokes and crosses and the spokes length necessary will be in bold numbers on the right.

Last edited by onespeedbiker; 10-29-12 at 10:33 PM.