Thread: New guy here
View Single Post
Old 10-30-12, 02:34 PM
Rudz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well my bike is alive again, I replaced that bent seat post and rode it around last night testing it out, I went to lower the seat post and when I re clamped it I broke the clamp with my herculian strength. So I called around and found an LBS with the clamp I believed would fit, well as it turns out I asked for the wrong one, apparently just because the seat post is one size doesn't mean the clamp is the same size, another rookie mistake. So what do I do? frustrated, I said screw you seat clamp, your not gonna win, I broke out my dremmel set, dragged my bike and seat post outside and went to work. I dremmeled down the inside of the clamp until it fit on the frame, with help from my friend the hammer of course, then I dremmeled the lip until the seat post fit. Now the skewer that came with the new clamp wouldn't close because it wasn't meant to be so spread apart, its okay though, my old skewer fit just fine, some herculian torque on the bolt and viola, it works! lol

Now I did order a hex style camp in the correct size, but until that gets here this is gonna work, my roommate bets the clamp I forced on there will never come off, but I got a new one enroute for safe measure.

Rode the bike today, and it felt good to get back out there, chose a hard uphill ride and it kicked my butt, butt I was happy when I was done