Old 11-01-12, 01:00 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
November 1st Update (16,135)

It's been just a little over two months since I last posted a summary, so here's a snap-shot from the RSS feed to recap what you'll find at the blog.

The actual entries with linked websites, objects, video's etc. can be found here:
Blog: http://tandemgeek.wordpress.com
Web: http://www.thetandemlink.com

-------------------------

3rd Annual Florida Tandem Rally Report, by Kathy Foster

Once again we are pleased to share a Florida PANTHERS Post-Event Report from our guest contributor Kathy Foster, the PANTHER’s publicity chair. I’m enjoying a recovery day after helping the Florida PANTHERS host the third annual Florida Tandem Rally. Despite the threats of Hurricane Sandy and her winds, we consider it the best yet. All but [...] Read more…

Changes at PennyWise Cycle Tours & 2013 Schedule Announcement

Long-time tandem friends Rich Wolf & Ina Thompson shared some information regarding PennyWise Cycle Tours that may be of interest to readers. The full press release from September 16th appears below. For release September 16, 2012 PennyWise Cycle Tours announces changes; 2013 tour destination Steve Rabe and Karen Kovacic have agreed to take over [...] Read more…

The Sun Sets on the Tennessee Tandem Rally…

For those who may not have been on the Tennessee Tandem Rally alumni Email list or whose Email addresses may have changed, after a decade of hosting the Tennessee Tandem Rally our friends Tim & Sharon Patterson will no longer be directing the event. Their announcement follows: Hey tandem friends, Wanted to let you know [...] Read more…

Doh! Christening Tandems in the Garage….

Oh the irony… Why is it the only dents or nicks I’ve gotten in our road tandems came when they were not being ridden and just propped up against a solid object in the garage? It’s not like we baby our tandems, and Lord knows they get leaned up against all kinds of things when [...] Read more…

Southern Tandem Rally 2012, Part 2 of 2

SATURDAY The day started much like Friday with a very nice breakfast buffet around 7:30. What should have been a relatively easy “get ready to go” became a bit more complex when a special photo-op was planned by one of our friends as a way of capturing all of the “Pennywise Cycle Tours” alumni in [...] Read more…

Southern Tandem Rally 2012, Part 1 of 2

Well, it’s been a while since I’ve written one of these up… which is to say it’s been a while since we’ve done a multi-day tandem event. In fact, it’s also been a while since we spent much more than two-hours in the saddle, the last time being a ride in Rome, Georgia back on [...] Read more…

In Case You’re Looking For An Answer To A Question About Tandems…

… there’s a pretty good chance it won’t be buried in this blog. It’s probably not buried in our companion Website — www.thetandemlink.com — either. But, that’s not to say that I or several other folks with insight into some esoteric aspect of tandems probably haven’t written something on the subject… as every question about [...] Read more…

7-Episode Adventure Series Centered Around Tandem Cyclist Begins Oct 1st

I received a note out of the blue from Jared Abrams, a cinematographer who has been working on a project related to tandem cycling. He went on to let me know the series is called “Take A Seat” and it will begin to air on NBC Universal Sports Oct 1st at 8:00 p.m. est. From his [...] Read more…

Bengal Brake Update…

Back in March we started a product test of the Bengal MB700T disc brake on our Calfee tandem, but really haven’t offered much in the way of feedback since then. So, here’s a short status update: During the initial use of the Bengal it worked really well. However, we seemed to be getting an inordinate [...] Read more…

A Pretty Good Weekend…

Well, we checked a few boxes, but not all of them… and there’s even a little tandem cycling content on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon! Friday: After a work week that just seemed way too long, we had a really nice time at On The Border with our friends David & Deb but then called [...] Read more…

Blue Moon Blues….

Ever since the Blue Moon I’ve been having more than my fair share of the blues…. What’s the deal? Tandem Cycling, Not Enough: We continue to be sidelined from tandem cycling and cycling in general by a variety of things, which is probably the biggest contributor to my less than sunny disposition. Cycling and [...] Read more…

Driver Found Not Guilty In Deaths of Gregory & Alexandra Bruehler

I hate it when I’m right… If you go back to my blog entry from October 3, 2010 when I reported that a motorist who mowed-down two cyclists was finally indicted nearly a year after the incident you find in my closing paragraph this comment: “Sadly, even when cases like this are brought to trial, [...] Read more…