mtbikerinpa
Shimano Certified

Bikes: 92 Giant Sedona ATX Custom

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris516
There is no law that would apply. Even trying to file a harassment charge would be 'iffy', even if you caught it on video. In my county, their excuse, regardless of having it on video is, they actually had to see it happen(which of course they can't). It just translates to, they could care less.

I used to be bothered a motorist honking at me. Until I had become so use to it, that it no longer phases me. Most recently, a local transit bus was behind me on a two-lane blacktop. The bus driver pretty much sat on his horn, but I didn't stop 'taking the lane'. I didn't let the bus driver pass me, until the went from two lanes, to four. He only passed me because of an upcoming bus stop. The moron wasted gas. Because, just as soon as he stopped at the bus stop, I passed him again. The route he was on, would take him on to another two-lane blacktop, so he couldn't pass me again. I made a left a few blocks later.

The point is this. You have just as much of a right to 'take the lane', as they do to honk at you. Just know that motorists' will honk at you. Learn to expect it.

That has not been the experience in PA. The few that have honked have not been attempts to be courteous and have been liable to answer for it according to the codes. That said, I have not chosen to pursue many on it because it is not the dogs that bark that concern...