View Single Post
Old 11-02-12, 08:48 PM
NCbiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Six jours
Ah yes, the old "I crash a lot so you should put on a helmet" argument.
Totally wrong, I choose to wear a helmet most of the time and totally understand the capabilities of a cycling helmet, but I could care less if you wear one or not. Again, my statements are only pointing out that (IMO) it's lame to say risk assessment suggests one should wear a helmet in the shower as there are more head injuries resulting from taking a shower than from riding a bike. It's just not a sound comparison. Again, if you want to mitigate head injuries from falls in the shower, grab rails would be much better solution than helmets. It's like someone saying for head protection, you should ride your bike with training wheels and a seat belt. A helmet would be a better solution, but if you want to ride with training wheels and a seat belt, be my guest!

During my years on this earth, I've worn many types of helmets during many activities, cycling, motorcycling, auto racing, flying, football, baseball, construction, combat and I don't recall a single time where a helmet saved my life. This does not stop me from wearing one, as it only takes one such event to make all the times I've worn a helmet worth while.