AzTallRider
I need speed

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by browngw
Okay, here goes an weak attempt to explain myself. Perhaps I'll use some examples.

I posted a garage sale bike, which my wife actually bought for me because it was near my birthday. I had never had a old style "ten speed" and excitedly posted it on C&V. I now know what "dork discs", "turkey wings", "gas pipe" and "Fred" mean! As an aside, on a recent RT ride a stick put my chain up against the dork disc and may have saved the day by protecting my spokes

Folks go on endlessly about paint, powder coat and scratched finishes but totally eschew the solution to most of those problems, the lowly kickstand! It makes your bike stand up all by itself! Other, bordering on rude comments have been made about mirrors, bells, racks, etc.

I recall a thread where a poster told someone they should get rid of their beloved "POS" (I figured that one out by myself) and get a "decent" (high end) bike.

These type of comments don't really "spoil my fun" as much as they reflect disappointment in fellow cyclists.
I hear you. That kind of stuff can be irritating when you read it (we racer types get that in reverse, and of course some people think anything not exactly like them is off), but at least it doesn't meess with our rides.