redeyedtreefr0g
Mrs. Hop-along

Bikes: Ladies Schwinn Super Sport and Gateway

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok first: pictures.

Here is the rear left corner. The plywood in this corner lost a layer so it has the original square plastic washer helping to distribute the stress (hopefully?). You can see how the bracket for the side protrudes much lower than the rest of the frame.

A picture of the left side, so you can see the double straps I referred to, and the bolt. This bolt is not through the wood, but has a metal strap going to it to try and help support the wood.

The full bottom of the trailer. (Sorry for the angle, also didn't notice the picture was upside down.)

My mom had a lawn chair with those plastic woven straps. They tended to fray rather easily. Are there better types out there? I could use those but leave the space by the side frame tubes free to let them fold, maybe. I could perhaps sew those on so no frame mutilation would have to occur. Although, I'm not great at hand sewing.

How do you use corroplast? It sounds to me like a plastic version of cardboard, which should have a nice light weight, plus be waterproof! I even think there is an office downtown where I could ask about getting some, though I wonder if it would be large enough. Is it strong enough to support the weight of two dogs totaling somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 lbs? Would I attach it similarly as I've done now? I don't want the edges to rip off of the screws.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0555.jpg (95.1 KB, 44 views)
IMG_0556.jpg (100.6 KB, 38 views)
IMG_0557.jpg (91.6 KB, 37 views)