View Single Post
Old 11-07-12, 10:52 PM
david58

Bikes: Fuji Cross Comp, BMC SR02, Surly Krampas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So far the hardest part of this approach for me is the lack of bread. I LOVE hard crusted french bread with tons of butter. Hmmm...so that's where the aerobelly may have been sustained.

Any diet/lifestyle change is tough. I could be on the Beer and Burger/Burrito diet and I'd hate it, cuz it's a diet. But the Pale approach is making sense, and I am dropping about a pound a week. My exercise level is helping, since I am back on the bike most days now, after most of August and September off the bike (burnout, travel, and a new puppy kinda impacted that).

It remains to be seen where this all ends up. I do see the benefit in getting rid of things that have to be processed to be edible (beans, for instance, most of which are poisonous unless cooked), and grains (gluten causes all kinds of problems), and processed stuff (how much sodium can you consume in a meal?). I do feel more satisfied by the foods that we eat.

I have not done any long hard rides since starting this. My longest is 32 miles, last Saturday, but the miles should start growing if weather allows, since I have the road bike fixed. But the commute is feeling better, my times on the round trip are dropping, and the prospects of hitting 180 pounds by spring are exciting. So, we'll see...