Old 11-08-12, 11:04 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
This is more variable than saddles. What works for me is probably too cold for you, and some other guy or gal will have his/her own preferences. So that means you have to take all this advice with a grain of salt, and you'll have to experiment until you hit on something perfect for you.

That said, you're going to have some really cold days this winter, and a few warm ones. Plus, winter will end some day, and you'll be riding in the spring. So ... don't go out and buy the warmest jacket you can find. It's not a good use of money if you can only use it on the coldest days. And, if you're warm before you start riding, you're going to overheat at the end of your first mile.

Layering is how you keep yourself warm enough. Two thin layers are warmer than one thick one, and, when you climb that first hill and start warming up, you can take a layer off.

Originally Posted by aggst1
Also any sites that sell these things competitively priced? (We all know that at the LBS these things are very expensive).
I get a lot of my stuff here: http://www.departmentofgoods.com/?bco_popup=1 I tend to get things that are on sale.