View Single Post
Old 11-08-12, 11:41 PM
DiscTruckerMF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seeker333
Exactly. The purpose of tubeless is to permit very low pressures. However, most tourists want HIGH pressure to reduce rolling resistance by minimizing pedaling energy losses to tire deformation hysteresis. Tubeless makes no sense for the great majority of bicycle tourists.
I'm not planning on using these for serious loaded touring, I'm looking at them as a better option as commuting tires in the city. I find that even with removeable valve core tubes, it's impossible to get sealant into tubes unless I buy those ridiculously overpriced 20 cans of compressed air/sealant mix. Essentially, I'm trying to do road tubeless but I"m asking the touring guys becaues you all roll on larger size wheels. In the road tubeless world it's basically hutchinson for tubeless ready stuff and I"M hearing mixed reviews on using other regular tires. Hutchinson does have a 25c intensive but everyone says that it really measures less than 23! I've also heard that the 28mm intensive was supposed to be released this year but it doesn't appear that has happened and at 250lbs, I'm really looking for a road option at 32 or 35 c. Presently i rideon randoneur hypers inflated up close to 90psi. That is probably a bit high on psi, but I also do it so I can go a few weeks between adding air. when all is said and done, I often find myself rolling around on them around 60psi