Old 11-09-12, 09:20 AM
Zephyr11
Pint-Sized Gnar Shredder

Bikes: '09 Jamis Komodo, '09 Mirraco Blend One, '08 Cervelo P2C, '08 Specialized Ruby Elite, '07 Yeti AS-R SL, '07 DMR Drone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by santiago
Are the 5.10s okay for dirt climbing on incline especially when the ground is humid?
They're fine. Impact climbs better than my Sidis because they're more comfortable to walk around in, and it's way better on rocks because it doesn't slide as much. Plus when the ground is humid, it's not like you're getting mud stuck in your cleats to complicate clipping in.

Daspydyr, are those from FiveTen's bike line or are they approach shoes you just use for biking and just happen to work well? And if they're approach shoes, what are the lugs like? Just wondering, because the Impact's lugs are pretty low, and it would seem to me (logically at least, have not tried it in practice) that higher lugs would mean less stick. Not that it matters...I like my Impacts. The Impact doesn't really look like a skate shoe...it's a bit bulkier than even the big thick 90s fat shoes with the padded tongues are, so you wouldn't mistake them for a skate shoe. IMO the Freerider looks more like your modern skate shoe than the Impact. But I can see that they'd look a little silly with spandex.

Last edited by Zephyr11; 11-09-12 at 09:34 AM.