View Single Post
Old 11-09-12, 02:37 PM
twocicle
Clipless in Coeur d'Alene

Bikes: Tandems: Calfee Dragonfly S&S, Ventana ECDM mtb; Singles: Specialized Tarmac SL4 S-Works, Specialized Stumpjumper Pro, etal.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by DubT
What changes are you going to make to the components?
Porting over most everything that was on the 2007 Calfee frame I built up just this last spring. Besides the couplers (and cable-splitters of course) the other most significant unplanned change is the inclusion of a tapered 1.125/1.5" headtube, plus Enve fork w/tapered steerer and a Chris King Inset headset. I had a custom paint idea that turned out to be $2k, so opt'd out of doing that I'll start a thread for this new build at some point.

Pertaining to this Gates belt thread, I am toying with the CenterTrack belt idea to make travel life easier... instead of having to mess with cleaning, oiling and transporting a mucky timing chain. I like to keep things very clean and find it hard to do satisfactorily while on a tour. Weight-wise, coming from the 2007 frame the 9spd Sram timing chain & Shimano t-rings weighed 406+86= 492gms total, so there would be some saving with the Gates setup but it's not a huge amount (-200gms?).

Last edited by twocicle; 11-09-12 at 03:37 PM.