Old 11-10-12, 02:44 PM
pullup

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Woutervanwijk
picked it up yesterday. really nice parts. campa record 1 st gen derailleurs, shifters, nice brooks saddle with campa record seatpost. campa hubs with fiamme rims. frame has the nicest lugs (artwork) but there is a really huge amount of rust on the chrome parts. on the rear forks its quite superficial whith some nicks but on the front forks its too much. i am having doubts what to do with this one.
how much is chroming and painting?
does somebody perhaps knows where i can get some jabo decals?
i know one owner in the netherlands who perhaps can help me with it. he only has jabo race deals whereas this frame had jabo sport decals.
Smart decision for sure, it is really a nice bike.
The rechroming of the frontfork will set you back around 90-100 euro's and I know 2 adresses in Amsterdam that will do it for you. I hate rusted chrome so I would probably be thinking of rechroming.

I got the adress of this really good painter from a s70rguy who probably is the best option for you as he is a lot cheaper then BCP easily just as good.
But here I wonder if this is really necessary because as non fixie said the patina looks nice as well judging from the initial pics.

Better pics would be really nice