Old 11-10-12, 09:15 PM
tracksloth

Bikes: TST Sandvick Ti Road/Ultegra 6700; Faggin Air Columbus Steel/Record 10s; Presto Amsterdam 1971 Reynolds/Record Pista; Ritchey SwissCross 2.0/Record 10s; Broakland Track bike and some other frames hanging.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all, first time poster here. After reading this thread and seeing all the great samples I thought I would offer my own. Owned this frame for many years but only just recently made a positive ident as a Presto. It came to me, 3rd owner, on a whim and is a perfect fit. Built for a pro rider by the name of Jack Simes who raced in the country before being banned for getting into a fight with another rider, was sold to someone in the states and repainted in Philadelphia (see decals). No repro decals and no tripple cross made the identification difficult. I believe it is Reynolds 531 and dates from 1972(??). Specific builder is anyone's guess. I am very happy to own it. I ride road bikes these days mostly, even got rid of my custom track, but this is one I'll never sell. Will repaint/restore it someday. Currently outfitted with American Classic equipement (above photo is 4 yrs old now), will post some newer photos later on, in the meantime, the frame:<br>

Last edited by tracksloth; 11-10-12 at 09:35 PM.