Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
You mean like this one? Firehouse to PCH.... and I was hanging on for dear life. We caught a few other dudes and in the effort of not being one of "those" people who pass and then promptly slow down we ended up dropping half our little group I'll probably never get a time like that again on that stretch unless the king of Santa Anas blows through.

Yup! 99% of my rides are all me cause I'm at the front 99% of the time. Only time I let someone else at the front is after the tough parts riding with a tailwind and or to shoot video.

I guess I feel the same way on organized rides too. If you were on The Bear when I do those rides, you'd see that I do the rides 100% solo, no drafting. I like knowing the posted times are 100% me and nothing else.

One of the things that burns me up though is the 35 mile sucker that drops me on the last 1 mile of a strava segment just to say he beat me. Good help is hard to find. And that was my friend!

But that is a good time on that segment. I doubt I will ever beat that one. Solo I might get 39 minutes and with help, 39 minutes cause more than likely the guy supposedly helping me will sprint around and drop me the last 1/2 mile.