The Recumbent Quant

Bikes: 2012 Cruzbike Sofrider, 2013 Cruzigami Mantis, 2016 Folding CruziTandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
H i Bruce,

Originally Posted by BruceMetras
Well, that's weird then.. I've dealt with Yan a lot back in the day, he seemed to know his stuff and always was pleasant ... but errors happen.. if you wanted to get creative, you could measure the cylinder and then head down to the hardware store.. most well equipped stores have bar stock in brass, aluminum, or steel .. you might be able to get close without having to chuck it up in a lathe or drill press.. .. just random thoughts... my money is on Yan taking care of you..
I hope your right, but I'm becoming less optimistic. It's now been three weeks, and they've mailed me the wrong part twice. Yan himself is in the Bahamas (although they've routed the Pennsylvania phone number there; this also means that he can't ship me the parts directly and needs to get somebody else to do it). He's very friendly, but I was not particularly impressed when I was asking him details about how this was supposed to work, etc (e.g., that, yes, the cylinder is supposed to lock the other side of the frame and then you fasten the quick release).

I may try a hardware store eventually, but the problem is that it is not a solid cynlinder, but the end (last 1/2 cm) has been machined so the diameter is smaller. And then there's getting the hole in the right place. I'm willing to bet I may be able to get close enough, but I'd need to find a machine shop that can help me out.

Cheers,
Charles