View Single Post
Old 08-20-05, 06:54 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Moved because this is a more appropriate thread for this response.

Originally Posted by bkaapcke
Who wants to ride with the youngsters? They're always in a hurry and worried about speed. They don't know how to stop and smell the coffee. bk
mQuit thinking you're still 25 and can take 30 miles of offroad riding. Lighten up and enjoy easier rides and a good workout at the same time. bk
At 57 I no longer ride for 'speed'. This is best left to youth who can actually sustain it. I'm riding for the workout and to enjoy the scenery. Comfort is the main requirement. Long wheel base...

Hi

You have promoted this theme of "act your age" in a couple of posts recently.

Some of we 50+rs revel in thinking we are 25 or whatever.

I think that should be encouraged, not discouraged.

It is what helps keeps some of us "Young in mind and spirit."
==================================================================

Also

FYI, some of us (that's me at almost 66yo) have absolutely no problem with low back problems, neck pain, prostate and wrist pain on our DF's (Diamond Frame Bikes), even though some of us ride 150 miles per week or more. Sorry about your situation and all your troubles with pain and prostate. Glad you found a solution to your severe health problems.

Get a long wheel base recumbent. It will solve all your pain problems from biking. Everything else is just 'stopgap' fixes
You will never know how comfortable bike riding can be unless you try a long wheel base recumbent. Bike riding without pain!
At 57 years old, I had several problems with DF bikes. Low back pain, neck pain wrist pain and prostate aggravation. An easy sport limited ended all of these problems. After one ride, I realized that...
Try a long wheel base recumbent. The comfort level is so much better, you'll find yourself riding more. No Kidding, they really are WAY more comfortable. No low back pain, no wrist pain. no neck pain, and no prostate aggravation. I love my Sun EZ sport even though it is a low end lwb recumbent. bk
I am glad you love your recumbent and advocate so continuously for it!

Have a great day!

Last edited by DnvrFox; 08-21-05 at 06:48 AM.