View Single Post
Old 11-14-12, 07:30 AM
GeorgeBMac

Bikes: 2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HawkOwl
Didn't do that good a job of picking parents. As of now chronologically I've outlived all my immediate family. Live one more year and I'll have outlived all of them. But, for me, the best mottoe has been Quality rather than Quantity. A good life vs. a long one.

Nothing against drugs when needed. I took a lot of narcotics after the accident for pain relief. Surgery took care of that. We can discuss drugs in another thread. For this one I'd like to discuss mutual motivation.

Yep, Denver we are about the same age. I'll be 76 a few days before Thanksgiving.

I wasn't kidding about it being sobering. Here I am a healthy person and being told I no longer mattered enough for preventive medicine. That I'm close enough to "the end" that it isn't worth the effort to do routine diagnostics. We treat our cars better than that.
I had an older Corolla that I wanted to trade in when I got a new car. But the dealer told me it was too old -- that I should simply donate it to a charity and take the tax deduction. I figured if it wasn't worth anything, I may as well keep driving it till it died: I drove that car for another 9 years and another 125,000 miles...

"Too Old" is an opinion based on a generalization. That kind of generalization did not fit for my specific automobile nor does it sound like it fits for you...
... Maybe you should shop for a new physician...

Last edited by GeorgeBMac; 11-14-12 at 07:34 AM.