Old 11-15-12, 02:43 AM
henkie327

Bikes: Metabikes Metaphrastic Rival

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ditto on the lights.

After I had an accident (not my fault) after which the driver told me he hadn't seen me, I now carry a very bright helmet mounted LED which does not get unnoticed even during daytime. It's accompanied by a nice and small but also very bright flash light attached to my bike. Incoming threats usually only need a quick glance in their direction. I can tilt the helmet light to make sure that I do not to blind oncoming traffic.

Yesterday evening though, I made a police car stop in its tracks. I wasn't in their way and they didn't have to wait, but they did anyway just to watch me pass by. Ofcourse I took a quick glance at them and saw their surprise. On the back of my seatbag I have blinky, which is also very visible from a long way out. I have reflective side walls on my tyres. and my clothes, shoecovers and seatbag all come with reflective material. My colleagues tell me that I am lit up like a x-mas tree when they see me riding at night, which is very reassuring to me.

Still, I am lucky to have a very low traffic commuting route. The downside is that on some stretches there is no lighting at all, which is the other reason for me to carry sufficient lighting.