Old 11-19-12, 11:30 AM
chasm54
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Yes, my life expectancy at 73 (12 more years) sort of scares me!! And, being in pretty good shape may even add a couple of years - who knows?

OTOH, I see my friends and others dropping like flies at 70+ and that scares me, also. Every single high school male "buddy" but one (and even a younger fellow I worked with fighting fires) is now dead. Diabetes, falling off a roof, the big C, etc. Pancreatic cancer keeps creeping in to the conversations!!

I think in your 70's is when you really realize that you don't have many years left.
I'll watch out for that. But look on the bright side. When you were born, the idea of the average 73 year-old living another 12 years would have seemed fantastic.

And you are fit and active. Being fat is far more dangerous than riding one's bike, despite all the scare stories about casualties. And my general point, really, is that focussing too much on the (relatively) rare dangers leads too many people to lead overcautious, fearful lives; which in terms of their general health and prospects, is probably not a wise choice.