View Single Post
Old 11-20-12, 05:55 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I often look at Boreas and try to work out why it works so well for me. Tried to set the TCR up to feel and work the same but it never quite got there. I rode the TCR most of the time before I got th Pinnie and it is not a bike to look at too closely. Too many chips in the gel coat and scratches from rising it. Bit of rust on th brake springs and bolts aswell but that bike works.

Boreas only does the important rides now and the TCR is set up for hills. But Both are used and both have their purpose.. However the Pinnie is beginning to look shabby now. It is the bike I use most but also the one that takes the punishment being used on most rides as with the gearing set up it does local hills with ease and has turned into the foul weather bike. Seems that we have a lot of foul weather this year.

But to me a bike is to be used. In using it I will get stone chips- I will get it scratched and it isn't always cleaned after every ride.

Spike Milligan