Old 11-20-12, 12:11 PM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't want to make this an agrument between what is best - compact double or a triple but... so 2 weeks ago did a winery ride out in the Temecula area of Southern CA. Although there are no long sustained climbs there are alot of very steep, but short, rollies. So last year a friend bought a new road bike. My other friend and I tried to convince her to get a triple but noooooooooooo... everyone told her a compact double was better so that's what she got. She is basically a strong rider and that double has suited her style but not once, twice but three times during the "wino" ride she had to get off the bike and walk... I have no problems dropping into my very granny triple (12 - 36) and although I was far behind, now rode slowly past and up away from my friend. I had to hold my tongue and not say "now do you wish you got a triple?"

I guess that would have been rude...

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.