Old 11-25-12, 09:38 AM
vesteroid
Climbers Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vegan/vegitarian/less meat

I participate in a wine forum on a regular basis. They have a food section as well where people discuss all types of food / diet related issues as well as what wine they had with the food.

Over the last few months a couple of vegans have started posting about their diets and why they chose the lifestyle. One of them in particular caught my attention because she was solely focused on the health benefits and how they have positively impacted her life. She pointed me to a few movies online and I watched them, and now believe there is something to this.

I know many of us are here for health reasons, and diet is also a frequent topic of conversation.

I watched fat, sick, and nearly dead, and forks over knives.

I am actually doing a 30 day vegan challenge while starting my half marathin training. I am NOT doing this for any cause, or personal belief, but rather as an experiment to see if in fact I do feel better, and do improve on my fitness.

I also learned a few things about the impact mass meat production has and want to participate in reducing that load on the planet.

I was just curious if anyone had seen these movies, or tried the diets, and what their experiences were if they had?