Thread: Rear child seat
View Single Post
Old 11-30-12, 04:25 PM
RALEIGH_COMP 

Bikes: 78 raleigh competition 70's Gitane Hosteller, '85 StumpJumper, 90's Rockhopper Commuter, '68 Raleigh Sports, 2018 Giant Talon 2

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 39 Posts
I just bought a really basic seat (Bell) last night off craigslist for 25. I saw they usually listed for about 45 so i figured i'll give it a try. First impressions was that the plastic was a little flimsy. O well you get what you pay for and its you never know until you see for yourself. I definately agree about the handling, it took me only 5 min or so to adjust. but initially almost fell right over in the driveway in a matter of like 4 feet. doh!

My main use for buying this was mainly to go across the street to Disneyland, we have annual passes and my daughter is free so we go for just a few hours pretty often. This is something to consider as well. Good fit/quality is important, but if you are only going to use it for quick short distance rides where comfort is less of an issue, maybe you can live with some less than ideal features in these cases. but if you are like to do long rides (which i hope to do soon too) then you probably want some thing very sturdy and well fitting.