Old 08-22-05, 10:15 PM
socalrider

Bikes: Litespeed Liege, Motorola Team Issue Eddy Mercxk, Santana Noventa Tandem, Fisher Supercaliber Mtn. Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Brooks B17, switched last summer and will never go back to any other saddle..

The biggest issue for new users are that they equate hard saddle with no comfort. You will ask yourself a couple of times during your 1st few rides, well I'm waiting for this not to be comfortable.. I have only used proofide on my saddles.. Many have stated that softening the saddle up can decrease the longevity of the saddle.. I have nice butt grooves in all my saddles now and the saddle still feels hard to the touch but feels great for the long rides..

Another big issue is that when you proofide the saddle you will feel a nice glide on the saddle between you and your shorts, no friction.. This is a good thing.. I never realized how much friction there was when I went to a road bike that I ride only occasionally with a Super Turbo and oh my god it was friction city.. Of course it now has a nice b17 saddle on it..

Brooks for me took about 1 week to get used too and then has been so comfortable I put them on all my bikes..