Old 12-10-12, 10:09 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
So, I believe she made a conscious decision not to follow such a way of living, and her decision was purposeful.
Maybe, maybe not. Both alcohol and tobacco are very addictive, substances chosen by people in their youth usually, and we know that most youth believe that they will never get old or sick. And certainly, drinking and smoking make it unlikely that you will be eating properly or exercising enough.

People give these addictions up later with varying degrees of success.

I'm glad the OP is still here, and this incident will make him relish it more. As you said, it's no guarantee. An acquaintance, energetic and an officer of the local bicycle club, was just put in a hospice after her bike was co-located with a car last month. Doctors managed to get her breathing on her own, but she will be in a coma for any forseeable future. (Update, the family has declared a death-watch and will notify us when she passes.) Ironically, she was returning home from an event that demonstrated the need for and value of sharrows and traffic calming.

We can only hope that the neighbor's daughter will take this as a wake up call.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Last edited by Artkansas; 12-15-12 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Update