View Single Post
Old 08-23-05, 06:26 PM
pihwht

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll be sixty in a few weeks, I've got an old 10-speed Manufrance which I haven't ridden in years. For no good reason, I started thinking about biking this past summer. I think I blame a recumbent I kept seeing last spring. After lots of inner debate and rading, I decided to look at my old bike. One of the last things I did before I quit riding was to repack the bearings and clean everything up, so it appeared to be in pretty good shape. I have enough sense to know that the little, tiny, tubular tires need to be replaced before the thing is ridden. While I debated whether to get a new bike or find a used on with relatively modern parts, I decided to get some tires and ride around a little bit. That hasn't happened yet. The Raleigh shop I stopped at on the way home, doesn't carry them anymore. That saved me a little money, but it also just about tempted me into buying the Maravista 05 the shop's owner had sitting there. Fortunately, it was raining and he didn't want to get it muddy. We postponed my test ride. Now, perhaps, I will be a little more rational than I would have been last night.