View Single Post
Old 12-14-12, 07:53 AM
locolobo13 

Bikes: Trek Mtn Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 2,644 Times in 950 Posts
IDK. As a young man watching my grandparents and later in middle age watching my parents I grew to distrust pills. As they got older they had those plastic organizers separating pills into days, times, etc. They were literally taking too many pills to remember what to take when. This frightened me for some reason.

It started out normally enough. My Dad started out with a blood thinner. There were side effects. They had a pill for that. There were different side effects. They had another pill for that. After a few years his blood chemistry was dependent on pills.

I take thyroid medication, nasonex and glucosamine myself so can't talk too much. 5-6 years ago my Dr was trying to talk me into taking statins. My cholesterol numbers were just borderline. I resisted. Then I rediscovered my bicycle. My weight and cholesterol numbers dropped.

While not a phobia I suppose I have an illogical fear of ending up dependent on a box of pills to regulate my days. So I would rather exercise if possible to remove fat than take a pill. Just my 2 cents.