Old 12-14-12, 08:18 AM
sherbornpeddler

Bikes: 3 speeds, mountain, road and recumbent

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by JayBlurr
Wind was tough, cold was evident. But we kept going for 25 mi. ride fixed gear fighting through traffic, jogger and pedesterians. The journey began in front of the NE Aquarium down the Storrow Drive bike rt. We made a turn up to Harvard Square continued up Mass Ave. where we turned down Porter Square through Somerville Ave. Found a great bike shop, regret not taking a picture but it has a website www.parksales.com, this shop was the best priced shop I've seen. Prices for a truing were $10 versus $25 that I've been paying and tune-ups forget it, $50 versus $120. We continued our trek to East Boston aka War Zone Mine Field, and ended in Revere Beach then took the Blue Line home. Feels good to be home and take a HOT shower, its freezing out.

p.s.

converted my UO9 to fixed gear, hell of a work out on my legs, its a good learning experience for me right now.
JB, Brilliant ride and sweet bikes. I specially like the multimode route with your Blue Line return.

Some great posts here with Saugus Iron Works, Masi, Ogden, llama, Medford passage and Revere Beach. And I was worried winter might be numbing.