Old 08-23-05, 11:02 PM
atroster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did you by this bike? Yes, a great deal with the upgrades but unless you are 6'2 this bike is too big for you. Most will ride their fixie a size smaller than their road frame. I am 5'10 and very very comfortable on the 2005 pista 53cm. I test rode the 55 and 53 and felt alot better on the 53. Also, with the full steel frame you really don't need the carbon fork on this bike (won't hurt, of course)--I ride rough roads on my 10 mile commute to work without any discomfort. Lastly, by the end of september, or first week or so of October, the 2006 pista will be out. Many places sell it for $500. They don't tend to change much--maybe they will do something cool with the color like throw some of that great celeste green on that shiny frame.

Take care,

Adam

BY the way--you can never have too many bikes---and at some point having a pista is great. Track bikes are great for commuting as it gives you a couple of extra miles a week to keep you going on the days you can't ride--riding it all over Denver has actually added alot of strength to my road climbing.