Old 12-15-12, 05:59 PM
Allegheny Jet

Bikes: confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My goals are etched in my mind everytime I do any ride or core/resistance exercise. I don't plan to concentrate on road races this summer but will do several that include the Barry-Roubaix, in mid-March, a 35 mile gravel road race and the Tour of Batten Kill in mid-April. I will spend extra efforts on crits early in the season and will even travel to an extent. I don't intend to do any TT's unless they on the track. Riding the MTB will not begin until the important races are done as I intend to avoid injury.

Last season I got too many 2nd places in the big races. Second in the State Crit Champs, two 2nds in the RR's in the Ohio Senior Games and a 2nd the State Masters Cyclo Cross. I did win three championships in track, the flying 200, 500 TT and Omnium.

I want to win the State Jersey in Crit and place high and even podium in the National Senior Games to be held in Cleveland. I do intend to race the State RR (missed it in ’12 due to attending an out of town wedding) but probably will forgo cyclo cross in ’13 as the races and training takes its toll on my body. I was fortunate that I found track cycling and discovered that it is my best fit for success within the cycling disciplines. I've only done one race so far with no idea what was going on but did finish with decent times. I did spend a lot of time in the fall riding the track and doing workouts even though there were no races to prepare for. I have studied and calculated what it will take to do well at the Masters Track Nationals next summer. We have implemented track racing into my training plan this year. I’m upgrading my track equipment to include drop aero bars, a rear disk, front wheel, track specific helmet and the needed gears and rings. I truly believe that I will accomplish my plan and bring home some hardware from Indy. I've also recruited three other great riders to form pursuit and sprint teams. All of us are prepared to work out together on a regular basis beginning when the track opens up in May.