Old 12-17-12, 05:06 PM
chojn1

Bikes: Eriksen Tandem, DIY CF Tandem, Aluminum Tandem, Lightspeed, Cervelo, Specialized, Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
home built, custom coupled carbon fiber touring tandem

I have decided to build a home built, custom coupled carbon fiber touring tandem. Home built because I have to build it with woodworking equipment in my garage. I will have to design a new custom couple for linking bike frame sections because SS couplers are not sold to home DIYer. I chose carbon fiber because it is easy to work with and no welding is required. This bike will be a touring tandem built for durability and comfort over weight saving and speed. It must be able to withstand the rigor of packing, travel, and unsupported touring. And it must also be pack-able in two airline friendly 26x26x10 cases.

Any one here with previous frame building or carbon fiber laminating experience they care to share? Love to have other inputs, advice, suggestions, and critiques as I attempt this project. Always better to have more than one view. For those experienced tandem riders, if you have a clean slate, how would you design your travel tandem? Thanks in advance for any help.

CJ