View Single Post
Old 12-20-12, 06:23 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Very good post and timely topic Hawk Owl, the replies, so far, are my same thoughts. I think that the suggestion about stopping and thinking before replying in haste and anger is the best advise I could ever have and to give to someone. As Con said I too have hit cancel many times or gone back and deleted a reply after thinking about what I had typed. Words are easier to eat if you have not said or shown them to anyone.

Phil has the biggest part down pat, we are not face to face when we are posting and Internet bravado tends to take over the brain functions. I have had the pleasure of sharing a meal and several hours of conversation with Rowan and Machka, being face to face is much better for civil conversation than the web will ever be. I truly hope I can ride and have fellowship with many more 50+/BF members in the coming time, sharing a common interest gives us something to enjoy and to share.

As some have said here, the knowledge available here is vast and valuable if you would listen carefully and take things with a grain of salt. The 50+ members are a great group in the large part, they have been supportive of me totally and I thank everyone for this. And I agree with the thought that at 50+ we are too experienced in life and should be mature enough to not stir things up with others.

I hope this thread gets to stay open, it is overdue. Merry Christmas to everyone.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13