Old 12-23-12, 04:31 PM
waynesulak

Bikes: Custom 650B tandem by Bob Brown, 650B tandem converted from Santana Arriva, Santana Noventa, Boulder Bicycle 700C, Gunnar Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chojn1
I've reduced the size of the attachments, hopefully they are view-able now. Let me know if you are still having trouble with them.

I've also started with my homemade jig:

Essentially, I just printed my plan on wide format paper. I taped it to a 3/4 in plywood where I trace the axis of the frame's tubes. I am going to level the plywood top on some legs to make a table.
To this top, I'm going to attach my wood jig blocks along the axis to the tubes.

These blocks are cut from a single 4x4 attached to a single 2x4. All the grains are thus running in the same direction. This is important because any movements, expansions, or contractions of the wood would affect all the blocks in the same way. The blocks will have holes centered at the intersection of the 4x4 and 2x4. The diameter of the holes in each block is dictated by the diameter of the carbon fiber tube it is designed to clamp. I'll post more pictures once I get it setup. This is a very simple inexpensive homemade jig. Hope it works.
CJ
The files you are attaching have an extension of php, Try attaching jpg files and they should be viewable.