View Single Post
Old 12-24-12, 11:58 PM
samson_tw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is this a good buy? - Gunnar Crosshairs

I had pretty much decided on a Salsa Vaya 3 for light touring and commuting until I came across a Gunnar Crosshairs on auction. I like the Vaya frame, but it seems like the Gunnar has some really nice components. The frame is older, but looks to be in very good shape.

Tough call for me and I don't have enough knowledge to decide between the two.

Gunnar description:

Very Nice Gunnar Crosshairs 853 Reynolds 56cm cycloscross frameset extreme build. These are amazing bikes, the frame geometry is such that it may be the most versatile bike ever made. Great on fast road rides, comfortable for commuting, or put cross tires on it and race it off road. Fender and rack eyes on the fork and the rear.
Most of the parts on this bike are new or very near new. Ultegra triple front and rear derailleurs, Ultegra 6703 controls, Ultegra 11-28 10speed cassette, Bontrager Race Lite Triple Crankset, TRP short arm Brakes (these have awesome stopping power and the ratio is perfect with the 6703 controls), Dura Ace 7800 32 hole hubs built with Mavic Open Pro rims and double butted spokes, Grand Bois Cerf 700 x 28c tires, Ritchey stem and 3T Ergosum Pro bars, Cane Creek headset, Dura Ace 7410 seatpost and Vintage Selle Italia Flite Titanium saddle. No bottle cages or pedals are included

Merry Christmas!

M