View Single Post
Old 12-25-12, 02:13 AM
a1penguin

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
I still think the Felt Z85 has great specs for the price. Aluminum, 20 lb, 105 group, $1350 MSRP. If you can find a 2012 you can probably save $. Depending on your budget, you can get unknown carbon fiber: http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/..._cf_ltd_xi.htm with Ultegra components :-) The Motobecane LeChamp Ti is metioned a lot on these forums and people like it. I think many people have purchased from Competitve Cyclist and are very happy. BMC is top notch, high quality bike. You've already ordered online, so you probably know the drill..... but, I would ask about return policy. And what happens if the bike is the wrong size.

There are lots of bikes out there. In the $1500 range, I think you can find a number of bikes that are 105 and 20 lbs, especially if you shop around or find a 2012 bike. And don't put your nose up at the "plush" bikes. They are nearly the same bike as performance counterpart. Differences will be frame geometry and seat, for the most part, and you'll get a smoother ride.